For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Voice Takeaway Limited (company number: 8461635). Our nominated representative for the purposes of the Act is Emma Clarke.
What information do we collect?
• We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. We may keep a copy of correspondence with you.
• When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
• We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
• We may collect details of your visits to our site (e.g. site traffic or location data).
• We may collect information about your computer, such as its IP address or operating system.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To fulfil orders or contact you regarding your order. This may include communicating information to third party providers who will process your data (such as PayPal).
• To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Your data may be transferred to and processed by the staff of one of our service providers (e.g. in fulfilling your order or processing payment details). This may take place either inside or outside the EEA. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Do we use “cookies”?
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described in this policy (see “How do we use your information?” and “Third party links”). The term “outside parties” does not include Voice Takeaway Ltd or its officers or employees. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also disclose information about you to third parties and/or access your account in the following circumstances:
(i) if required or permitted to do so by law;
(ii) if necessary in connection with any legal proceedings or impending legal proceedings;
(iii) if required to do so by any court of Law, the Financial Services Authority, the Office of Fair Trading or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
(iv) in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of Voice Takeaway Ltd or our business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer;
(v) if we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “LOGIN” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “LOGIN” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions of Supply section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.